Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My Friend Remains


The Echo of What Remains Collected Poems of Wanda Lea Brayton




                 — In Memory of Julien




There were hymnals opened within your searching eyes; 
you discovered wisdom everywhere you looked, 
no matter how deep the night became. 

I understood the need for your silent prayers 
and added my own, for good measure. 

Sometimes, when I feed the birds, 
I can hear your gentle voice, 
a trill from distant wings aloft, 
ever grateful for these gifts of love and laughter. 

I feel the breeze stir as you pass by, 
on your way to a better dream of sunlit glory. 

There, the branches are ripe with fruit, 
awaiting your arrival. 
There, the words we kept between us resonate 
with truth so pure, it moans, ecstatic; 

our thirst is diminished - 
our hunger, resolute. 

I will not mourn the morning light 
or this seeming absence, 
for you remain here in my thoughts. 

Your peace becomes you. 





1 comment:

  1. Awesome Wanda,
    Really those words touch my heart,
    Keep it up i like your writing...;-)

    Rahul kale

    ReplyDelete