Saturday, March 29, 2014

Autumn's Dusky Rose




The Echo of What Remains Collected Poems of Wanda Lea Brayton






Across the silvery distance, 
you whispered my secret name 
and leaned beyond these fallow fields 
to gently capture my lips with your own. 

I sighed upon waking, 
not knowing why until I read your wild words 
by the unveiling luminescence of dawn. 

A blush echoed across my cheeks, 
my hands trembling in delight 
for the depths of dream - 

how sweetly you sang to my neglected heart - 
how softly you caressed my troubled mind.

There are always moments we cannot foresee, 
nor explain as they pass by our hearth - 

last night, you touched my soul 
with a subtle murmur of beauty and this morning, 
there are flowers blooming among the fallen leaves. 








No comments:

Post a Comment