Sunday, January 19, 2014

Adrift



The Echo of What Remains Collected Poems of Wanda Lea Brayton








With silvery fingers,
I now trail my hands in an ebbing tide -
I became lost in a fervent flow as you etched your song
upon my soul; quiet music soothed tender surges of sorrow.

Immersed in memories of your magic,
I felt tensions disappear as furrowed brows eased
into smooth lines of shivered contentment.

Your mouth wandered slowly along my jawline,
a journey of discovery and delight,
searching for rhythm in the hollow of my throat,
leaving delicate lilies behind in your wake -
you murmured depths of dreams adrift in desire
and we paused to savor this sweetness we'd found.

With golden whispers of a setting sun echoing,
you lifted shadows from the folds of my thoughts,
illuminated night with sultry sounds of seasons subdued
as crickets serenaded infinite moments of moonlight,
ascending beyond the remembered realms of dusk.





No comments:

Post a Comment